|Position||Head of SeMT|
|No. of Positions *|
|State||Anywhere In India|
|Reports To||State IT Secretary / Head of State designated Agency|
The objective of this job is to assist the State IT/ e-Governance Department in overall management of the e-Governance mission of the State. The job holder shall oversee the functioning of the SeMT team comprising professionals from the domains of Program Management, Finance, Technology and Change Management etc. He/She would work closely with the State IT/ e-Governance Department, the designated State Nodal Agency and NeGD for successful implementation of the NeGP and other e-Governance programmes of the State. The Head SeMT will report to the State IT/ e-Governance Secretary/ the designated State Nodal agency, where the SeMT is placed, with a dotted line reporting to the President & CEO, NeGD.
· Drive the implementation of various MMPs, NeGP components and other State projects and highlight any issues/ slippages to higher authorities
· Ensure that the different e – governance projects being developed are in alignment with the overall objectives of NeGP
· Assist in overall appraisal of e-Governance projects.
· Develop and establish suitable program monitoring framework for the State under guidance from State IT/ e-Governance Department and NeGD
· Assist in procurement of required material/services for various e- Governance projects
· Oversee the functioning of SeMT and ensure that it is able to suitably meet the requirements of the State Government in implementation of NeGP
· Prioritize and allocate available resources/ work to the SeMT personnel to ensure effective service delivery within the defined structure
· Clearly establish performance targets for the SeMT personnel in line with their assigned roles
· Identify developmental needs of the SeMT personnel and ensure that specific, need based training interventions are administered
· Interact with the State e – Governance Apex Committee and other relevant governance bodies to identify their issues and concerns in matters related to the implementation of NeGP
· Provide inputs to the State e – Governance Apex Committee and other relevant governance bodies on various matters related to e – Governance and help them understand and analyze the policy guidelines issued by various central agencies/ committees/ NeGD etc.
· Support State e – Governance Apex Committee in resolving interdepartmental coordination issues related to technical, architectural, support, inter dependency, standards, security, core, support or shared infrastructure issues etc.
· Assist the individual departments of the State Government in putting an appropriate project Management Structure and dedicated team for conceptualizing and undertaking e-Governance projects in their departments
· In close coordination with the CBMC, assist the state Government in addressing the issues related to capacity building and training requirements.
· Ensure financial appraisal of project reports received from the various state departments
· Manage the financial affairs of the SeMT and provide regular inputs to Secretary State IT / NeGD.
· Proactively use the services of the technology experts in the SeMT as well as actively seek help from the NeGD technology team, in order to provide assistance to states in technology related matters
· Ensure that the requirements of State departments in matters like preparation of EoI/ RFP/ Contracts/ PPP and other related matters are suitably addressed
· Identify Change Management needs of the department and formulate change management strategies in consultation with the State IT Department/IT Society/external consultants
· Support the State Government in the roll out of awareness and communication efforts as part of the NeGP
In addition to above Primary Responsibilities the incumbent may be assigned any other task from time to time by Secretary IT of the State/ Head of Nodal Agency.
|Education||Desired Skills & Experience|
B.E. / B. Tech. /MCA
Post Graduation: MBA / M/Tech.
Qualification can be relaxed in case of exceptionally experienced candidates
|• 15 plus years of experience in IT project management and implementation roles.
• Minimum 4/5 years of experience in developing and managing large scale IT / e-Governance projects on end to end basis.
• Experience of working in a Government set up is desirable
• Exposure to diverse management techniques and capacity building.
*(The number of positions are subject to change)